Why do we have “sweat”?
Doctors suggest sweating is the heat transfer caused by various processes in the body out when the body is heated The body will have a mechanism for controlling or cooling. It comes out in the form of sweat. To keep the heat in the body at the right level.
Which design sweat to be called abnormal.
- Excessive sweating that is not associated with hot weather or not exercising
- Excessive sweating in the armpit area soles of feet and palms Plus other abnormal symptoms such as fever, loss of appetite, or thinning without knowing the cause. and occurred continuously for 6 months
- Excessive sweating of the hands and feet that interferes with daily life, such as sweating of the hands to the extent that they cannot hold pencils, pens, or other objects, etc.
Causes of Excessive Sweating
1) Caused by abnormalities in the body
Patients in this group will sweat in large amounts out all over the body even at bedtime which is caused by side effects of other diseases such as
- Toxic thyroid disease cause the body to have a high metabolism
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
- People who are obese or very obese
- Menopausal women
- Taking certain medications
2) The exact cause is unknown.
It is an abnormal condition of excessive sweating. for unknown reasons and is not caused by complications of other diseases The symptoms found are There will be sweating in some areas of the body such as the face, head, armpits, palms until it interferes with daily life.
Risk groups are common among young people. adolescents under 25 years old and found in both males and females
How to treat excessive sweating.
The doctor must make a diagnosis to determine the cause of excessive sweating from any cause. and then try to fix that cause In which each person may have different causes of sweating.
But in general, treatment methods include medication or injections to surgery.
1) No surgery
Your doctor may consider topical medication. or some injectable medication for patients But this method cannot cure patients from excessive sweating. It is only a palliative treatment.
2) Do surgery
The doctor may consider a surgical approach to the patient. to destroy some of the nerve ganglia that send signals to the face hand or armpit Causing no signal to be sent to the destination sweat glands thus causing no sweat to occur in that area.